Wednesday 11 August 2010

Bidding my life away.

I've only recently discovered the joys of Ebay and it has very quickly become a big part of my life.

I really enjoy going on and picking up a last minute bargain (who doesn't?), and I love the fact that you can do all this in your pyjamas at 3 in the morning, if that's your thing.

Talking of whether or not it is 'your thing', I was on last night, looking at shoes when I came across a pair of ballet pumps described specifically as 'old and smelly'. I was intrigued, so had to find out more... CLICK...












They did indeed look trashed, but they had 3 bids on them! It got me thinking... who would bid or even want to spend money on someone's old smelly shoes?

So I did a search... CLICK... and found loads! Must be a foot fetish thing, well each to their own, I won't be buying someone else's trashed smelly shoes.

Unexpected upshot of this bit of curiosity is that Ebay now thinks I'm some kind of weirdo and keeps recommending similar stinky listings.

Seriously though, Ebay is great for fashion if you're on a budget or not (just don't get into a bidding war) and the vintage selection is just to die for.

You can even pick up some fab designer pieces for pennies!

Amy's Ebay tips:
Read the listing carefully.
If it sounds too good to be true, it's probably a fake.
Beware second hand listings that use catalogue images - what are they hiding?
If you are worried or suspicious about the listing, check out the seller's feedback - anything less than 95% positive is generally a no-no for me.
Check the postage! A 99p dress is not such a bargain when you add on £6.99 postage and packing.

Amazing.

Amy xx

5 comments:

  1. I love eBay right now! I'm currently waiting for the postman to bring me about 7 parcels of ebay goodies. Drool.. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be writing a new post on this soon, I've been waiting for a few things off eBay for a while now.

    I do love it though, so many bargains on one website, it's all too much, and so exciting!

    Amy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so funny that you JUST discovered Ebay!! :-P

    I've never bought clothes off of Ebay though, maybe I should check it out!!

    Do you ever shop on Etsy??!

    Thanks for friending me on IFB!

    God bless,

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. i <3 your anchor image in your sidebar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. title of this blog is enough to let me visit this...
    costume leather jackets

    ReplyDelete